Matchday continued

Matchday continued

VW confirmed the start of binding ordering options for registered pre-bookers for next Wednesday (June 17th). About a month later, other customers should also be able to order the car. The ID.3 can only be ordered in a «First Edition» with a higher level of equipment; The car is built for the European market at the Zwickau plant.

Bundesliga professional Felix Klaus from VfL Wolfsburg has been suspended for the next two games after his red card in the home game against Borussia Dortmund (0-2). The German Football Association announced this decision by the DFB Sports Court on Tuesday. The 27-year-old midfielder will be absent from the Wolfsburg team on Tuesday evening for the game in Leverkusen and next Saturday for the home game against Eintracht Frankfurt.

Despite the handover of the VW top brand and the allegations to the supervisory board, the Porsche and Piëch families are behind CEO Herbert Diess – but warn that the construction sites at the car manufacturer must now be urgently removed. «Mr. Diess apologized in all forms, he addressed the entire supervisory board,» said the majority shareholders of Volkswagen on Tuesday. «The capital side is still behind him.» However, it is high time to get back to practical work. «It is also clear that the company must now find itself in calmer waters.»

VW surprisingly announced on Monday evening that Diess was handing over the day-to-day business of the important core brand to the previous co-managing director Ralf Brandstätter on July 1. It is about a reorganization and «more freedom» for Diess as CEO in the control of the overall strategy, so the official reason.

A little later it became known that the CEO had accused individual members of the supervisory board of criminal acts and a lack of integrity. In front of several thousand executives last week, he complained about the naming of critical internals about ongoing problems in golf production or his alleged wish for an early contract extension. From those around the group it was said that the statements had led to considerable irritation.

Diess is a successful manager who has advanced important issues with electrification and digitization, emphasized the main shareholder Porsche-Holding. «But problems have to be solved.»

VfL boss Ralf Kellermann is optimistic about the resumption of the women’s Bundesliga. The players could benefit from the experiences of their male colleagues with the corona measures. 

The sporting director of the German champions VfL Wolfsburg is also relying on the experiences of male colleagues for the restart of the women’s soccer Bundesliga after the Corona break. «The women’s Bundesliga is of course the beneficiary of the hygiene concept. It is already a great challenge for all clubs to implement this concept. But we are in close contact with those responsible for the men’s team and benefit enormously from their experience,» said Ralf Kellermann the «kicker» and emphasized: «I am therefore very confident that everything will work out.»

central idea of to kill a mockingbird

VfL will meet 1. FC Köln first

The women’s Bundesliga is set to start on Friday with the match between VfL and 1. FC Köln, while 1. FFC Frankfurt and SC Sand will continue the 17th matchday in the evening. As in the men’s first and second division, all games will be played without fans in the stadium. The league is based on the hygiene concept of the German Football League.

Kellermann also hopes for a continuation of the Champions League, in which the quarter-finals are pending. The eight remaining clubs are in constant contact with the European Football Union. He was therefore optimistic «that there will still be a Champions League winner in 2020,» said Kellermann to the «kicker».

«The best player»: Wout Weghorst raves about VfL colleagues Limited number of visitors: Wolfsburg open-air swimming pools are reopening regional news under certain conditions: all the latest news from all cities

Wolfsburg plays against Glasgow City, runner-up FC Bayern Munich against defending champion Olympique Lyon. Before the forced break due to the coronavirus pandemic, the final of the premier class was scheduled for May 24 in Vienna.

VfL Wolfsburg will have to do without ex-Leverkusen Admir Mehmedi in the Bundesliga game at Bayer Leverkusen. The Swiss international has problems with the Achilles tendon, said coach Oliver Glasner on Monday in a conference call with several media representatives. After the injury of Paulo Otavio (ankle) and the suspension for Felix Klaus (red card), the Wolfsburg-based team have now to do without seven professionals. Glasner would therefore like to nominate five players from the U23 team for the difficult game in Leverkusen (Tuesday, 8.30 p.m. / Sky).

The Wolfsburg coach sees the next opponent almost on par with Bayern Munich and the last opponent Borussia Dortmund, against whom VfL lost 2-0 in the Bundesliga on Saturday. «Bayer Leverkusen are ahead of everyone else in the second half of the season with Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund. Together with Leipzig, these are the best teams in the league in terms of play,» said the Austrian. «Leverkusen are a team that will certainly make it into the Champions League.»

VfL Wolfsburg suffered a setback in the race for the Europa League places. Just four days after the convincing 4-1 win in Leverkusen, the «Wolves» lost 1: 2 (0: 1) against Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga on Saturday. The winning goal for Hessen, who had not won six times in a row, was scored by Japanese Daichi Kamada in the 85th minute. Kevin Mbabu scored for VfL in the 58th minute to make it 1-1. The Portuguese André Silva gave Frankfurt a penalty in the first half after Wolfsburg’s Marin Pongracic fouled him in the penalty area.

«We played a really great game up to the 1-1 draw,» said Wolfsburg sports director Jörg Schmadtke in a Sky interview. «After the 1: 1 we got a little headless and tried the crowbar.» The sports director did not want to comment on the fact that the Frankfurt team was awarded a penalty, but the VfL players unsuccessfully demanded a penalty in the second half. «I don’t feel like discussing. I’m too old for that,» said Schmadtke. «The referees have a difficult job. Sometimes they make it good, sometimes they do it bad. I’m not the chief judge.»

In the table, VfL remains in sixth place after the second home defeat within eight days. But the one competitor 1899 Hoffenheim drew level on points and the other Hertha BSC is getting closer and closer with the former VfL coach Bruno Labbadia.

In summer VfL Wolfsburg parted ways with veteran Robin Knoche after 15 years. The sporting future of the defender is uncertain. For him, staying with the wolves would have been the preferred scenario. 

Wolfsburg’s long-time defender Robin Knoche does not yet know how things will go after his contract with VfL this summer. «My advisor has dealt with all the scenarios, I haven’t so far. I haven’t spoken to any other club either,» said the 28-year-old in an interview with Kicker. Knoche is leaving the Bundesliga club this summer after 15 years. The Lower Saxony and the central defender could not agree on an extension of the contract, which expired on June 30th.

Knoche confirmed that he would have liked to stay in Wolfsburg. «That would have been my preferred scenario,» he said. «It really isn’t a nice feeling for me, it hurts. Everyone knows what VfL means to me,» said Knoche, describing his state of mind. 

Knoche came to VfL Wolfsburg as a 13-year-old 

After his active career, he can imagine returning to the Volkswagen Club, said Knoche. «I come from the region, that will also be the center of my life later on. We’ll see what the future brings. But one thing is clear: In my heart I will remain a Wolfsburg.»

Sports director on Real loan: Hakimi’s future at BVB » still open » Attention to league: Schult sees restart in women’s Bundesliga as an opportunity Regional news: All the latest news from all cities

At the age of 13, Knoche moved from his hometown of Braunschweig to the youth department of VfL and was promoted to Bundesliga professional and U21 national player in Wolfsburg. National coach Joachim Löw also nominated the central defender for an international match in Spain in 2014, but did not use him in this game. In 2016, VfL extended the contract with Knoche on terms that the club no longer wants to pay him four years later.

Volkswagen CEO Herbert Diess has committed the top management of the world’s largest car company to further savings efforts during the corona pandemic. A spokesman for the company confirmed on Sunday that Diess had spoken at an internal event last week about how further savings could be made. However, there have not yet been any concrete resolutions.

The «Automobilwoche» had previously reported on it. Diess therefore wants to tighten the austerity program noticeably. Expenditures for research and development, investments and fixed costs would have to be cut significantly compared to the previous planning status, Diess explained in a speech to top managers. Nevertheless, «not all VW brands will achieve a positive annual result» in the current year.

Because not everything is running smoothly with the products either, the variety of models should be scrutinized even more closely. So let the VW boss analyze which models could be completely omitted in the future, it was said in the «Automobilwoche». Diess had already announced several times that the range of products should be streamlined for cost reasons.

Two important vehicle projects are currently making a lot of work for the Wolfsburg-based company: The new Golf 8, which has been in production since last year, is still causing problems, and VW has just ended a delivery stop due to a malfunction in the emergency call assistant. The ID3, with which Volkswagen intends to continue the success of the Golf as a mass-produced model in the electric era, is currently delayed because the software is a problem. After all, the ID3 should earn money right from the start. With the previous pure electric models E-Up and E-Golf this is not the case, it said in the paper.

Overall, Diess sees the group in terms of electromobility and networking in the car still lagging behind the US electric pioneer Tesla. «It will be years before we have reached the required level of competence with the software to be at the forefront of the competition», Diess admitted to the executives.

The Volkswagen Group is expanding its involvement in everything to do with electric cars in China and, according to a media report, is investing directly in a battery company. Volkswagen China will be the largest single shareholder in Guoxuan High Tech with 26.5 percent of the shares, the Chinese announced on Thursday in a mandatory announcement to the Shenzhen stock exchange. The notification was available to the Bloomberg financial service. A confirmation from Volkswagen was not initially available.

There had already been media reports a few months ago about the possible entry. A confirmation from Volkswagen was not initially available.

China is by far the largest single market for the VW Group. Batteries are a scarce commodity in the ramp-up of electromobility, which is why car manufacturers are trying to secure sufficient capacity in various ways.

China is regarded as the lead market for electric cars because the Chinese government wants to combat the bad air in the country’s big cities and become the technology leader in this area. In Europe, too, Volkswagen wants to manufacture its own battery cells, which not every car manufacturer tackles due to the high investment costs. In Salzgitter, a production facility is being set up together with the Swedish battery specialist Northvolt, which was insisted on by the works council, among others. According to estimates by experts and companies, the battery will make up a large part of the added value in future electric cars.

After the Internet shitstorm because of a racist advertising video at VW, the entire board should deal with the further processing of the issue. Volkswagen decided to do this on Friday after the internal audit department checked the history of the heavily criticized Instagram ad for the Golf 8. «The first results are available», said the board member for integrity and law, Hiltrud Werner. «Now, in the coming week, the Group Management Board will evaluate these findings and discuss the consequences.» Details are not yet known.

The roughly ten-second clip featured an oversized white hand pushing a black man around and flicking into the entrance of a building. Towards the end a sequence of letters appeared, the overlay of which suggested the word «Neger». The VW works council called for a quick reappraisal after the group had apologized and played down too late, in the opinion of many critics. The influential IG Metall shop stewards are concerned about the image of their employer. According to reports, things could get tight for responsible marketing managers now.

The creation of the video had been investigated for two weeks. «We will inform our employees and the general public about all the important details and backgrounds as soon as possible after the consultation in the group management board,» announced Werner. «We will also report on what Volkswagen is doing to prevent something like this from happening again.» Racism, discrimination and intolerance have no place at VW.

The sequence had caused outrage on social networks. «The video is borderline and completely racist in its effect,» said Tahir Della, spokesman for the initiative Black People in Germany. At first VW was «surprised and shocked» about the reactions, but then made the apology more precise: Sales Director Jürgen Stackmann spoke of a «racist promotional video» that offended any decent person.

However, the video had already appeared eleven days before publication on Instagram on the official Stackmanns Twitter account and was deleted after initial criticism. Stackmann does not run the profile himself, it is managed. «Mr. Stackmann was not informed about the reference and the deletion of the video released by the specialist department,» explained a VW spokesman.